Follow ?

*

*

*

*

*

Look.Book

Followers ♥

Tick Tock

Get pretty

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

weekend breakfast

It's weekend.
It is the day to finally have a nice breakfast/brunch after a long week.
I love breakfast and I always think it's probably the best meal of the day, so how can you not take your time and make something amazing when you finally have the time? You can't and shouldn't miss this out, it's a crime if you do. Police of the City of Sherrawks will FIND you, and they will FEED you. (if you think it sounds familiar, it's probably because I copied this from Taken, oh Taken~)
So, to obey the law, I woke up and make Mr. Pecan and myself some amazing breakfast that usually takes too long! If you haven't notice already, it is something made with potato. Please don't misunderstand Mr. Potato, they are actually very healthy, I promise. Unless you fried it and put them into bags and call them Lays, then I can't guarantee anything other than the fact that it is devilish.

Random advice of the day: Do not buy that bag of Lays, once you open it, you won't stop till you finish it!

Anyway, you can Google their health benefits(cause I obviously won't remember) and you'll know how much you've misunderstood them. It is a breakfast signature, and since they don't have a distinct, overpowering strong flavour, you can do whatever you want to them, dress them up however you like.

If you are guessing I'm obsess with potatoes lately, you're probably right.

One of these morning, I made hashbrown/latke, top with those leftover whipped sweet potato cream. I know, so potato-ey.


It's grated potato, pan-fried in non-stick pan till crispy. I tried to use less oil so I couldn't crisp it up as much. I was just going for the crispy edges so I pan-fried it in only so slightly little oil, then before taking it out, I pour about 1 tsp of oil into the pan and swirl it around. Amazingly, it works, I got my crispy edges with a softer middle.
I was again, lazy, and really don't want all those tears, so I didn't grate the onions, but added in onion powder, some garlic powder, cayenne and chili flakes. Extra flavours never hurt anyone. Obviously the still works pretty well. I like everything spicy so the so slightly little kick was just nice for me. It's breakfast after all, probably not the best idea to have tooo spicy food(this does not apply to when I'm back in Malaysia, Roti Canai dipped in Chicken Curry for breakfast please!).
The whipped sweet potato has some cream cheese in it, so it's kind of like a sweet sour cream but less. It has the ever so slightly(overusing alert!!) tang from the cream cheese, and the sweet from the sweet potato. I can't tell you how good these two goes together. Even Pecan had no problem with it. As picky as he is, if he finished it, I probably did a PRETTY good job. (proud)


Other weekend breakfast ideas like,

If you think this is just a normal pancake, WRONG!!
This is inspired by Doraemon's favourite food, the lazy version. I am the laziest person in the universe after all. I'm pretty sure I didn't invented this but I would like to share with you anyway.
Instead of having the same old boring butter and maple syrup over the top, I made basic pancakes and fill it with PBJ. yup! I thought these will be a little different so (I did NOT just ran out of bread), and obviously it was good. At least not disappointing like my first attempt when I got baking soda and baking powder mixed up, yucks, but hey, it was a Saturday Morning. This one though, is a fluffy pancake with the right ingredient and a filling that can't go wrong.



These are melonpan and they are a little more work than the others, it's a bread after all. You basically have to prep the cookie dough and bread dough the night before, let the bread dough rise and double in size, shape everything but don't assembly them yet. For the cookie dough, after you shape them into thin sheets, pop them in the fridge. For the bread dough, shape them and set them aside for second rising, I think they will rise in the fridge too, overnight though. In the morning, assembly them, give them a nice crisscross shape, THEN you pre-heat your oven. While waiting for your oven to preheat,  set the prepared dough aside to let the bread rise back a little bit more, while you can do your dishes or whatever. Then when oven is ready, you throw them in the garbage can oven, can bake them off!

Sounds uber complicated but it is easier than you think, plus a satisfying breakfast will top it all. These are just so good that I ate 3 when I was going to give Pecan 3, I swear I tried but I just can't.

They are kind of like a Japanese version of Pineapple Bun(菠萝包), but smaller. Fluffy and soft bread underneath the almost crispy topping. Makes my house smell like the most amazing bakery when I was baking it in the kitchen. My tummy is growling at the moment just thinking about it.
Don't you just love YouTube? At first, it was the dog who caught my attention and I'm glad it did! I'm absolutely in love with their recipes, now that I've tried so many times and had never failed.

So there is some of the best brekafast I've ever had, I hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I do!

xoxo

No comments: