Follow ?

*

*

*

*

*

Look.Book

Followers ♥

Tick Tock

Get pretty

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, March 1, 2013

First piping success!

My landlord gave me 2 humongous sweet potato before she left to China...in JANUARY. I love sweet potato, I really do, but I just thought eating it as it is, is kind of a waste. Since there is so many sweet potato recipe out there, I shouldn't just waste my potatoes like that. I don't know why but this is just how my brain function. sigh. Always something about food. sigh.

Anyway, I thought I know what to do with them and time passes, they are still sitting in my pantry chilling with ma' pots and pans. Finally today when I realized I ran out of breakfast for the lazy Pecanhead, I looked through my pantry and knew I need to do something with my sweet potatoes.

I found my recipe, baked my sweet potatoes, and whipped up some amazing sweet potato cupcakes. These are awemazingalicious. Yea, it's my word, awemazingalicious. It's so good that I could make my own word for it. Maybe it made me smarter, hmm. You do know that sweet potatoes are one of the superfood right? I believe the reputation comes from how it actually makes you smarter...no?

Whatever the reason is, I present you sweet potato cupcake with sweet potato frosting!

 Before, it's kind of weird because it's not really muffin-looking, and I kind of messed up a bit so the shape was off. I knew this time I can't be lazy, have to pipe something onto it and cover its weird shape.

After. Tadah! I did it!! Some shape are not really shape looking cause I tried too hard, never a good thing. Others I just stick with a normal swirl, trying to go easy on myself there. You know what they say, take care of your basics and everything else will be easy as a penny.

This is my first time ever piping and designing cupcakes so I tried to keep it as simple and easy as I could. I think I did a pretty good job don't you think?

Yup, I pipe sweet potato onto that cupcake.

xoxo

No comments: